A few words about the VIDEORAPID 2 speedometer
Speedometer Videorapid 2 is a successor device Videorapid 1. Offered system writes the form of digital video sequences with high resolution.
Speedometer Videorapid 2 is a modern measurement speed. It introduced a number of significant changes to improve the functionality and reliability of the device. One of the biggest achievements is used a computer made in the standard PC / 104 allowing the elimination of external recording devices. By using the modern system of recording MPEG-4, increasing the number of registered events and facilitated work on the processing of recorded material. In a fundamental way, it simplifies operation of the device and enables the documentation of events with a minimum 2 week work period. Another innovation is used of a wide range of cameras, depending on customer requirements, and in this camera resistant to blinding lights of an oncoming vehicle.
Most important functional parameters:
- the ability to work in a duplex system (simultaneous recording and playback)
- Used of camera, which is insensitive to blinding by oncoming cars; through it’s use of all the vehicles have a clear outline and license plates,
- preview the image being recorded.
- image registration and verbal comment (25 fps)
- playback of recorded video (normal speed, accelerated preview and frame by frame)
- control parameters camera operator (zoom, focus).
The device consists of 2 Videorapid:
- computer technology PC / 104,
- LCD monitor 8” TFT,
- video standard Camera PAL,
- pilot (device for remote system control),
- wiring to connect the individual modules of the system.
The information displayed on the screen:
- the distance at which section of the road is measured average speed,
- current time,
- frame counter,
- measuring time,
- distance measurement,
- average speed,
- momentary number of pulses from the vehicle speed sensor,
- own current speed.